BBC Children in Need
Volunteer Committee Member Vacancies - Central region
Over the last 32 years, BBC Children in Need has raised and distributed over £650 million to projects working with disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.
Would you like to help in making decisions on making the best grants to improve the lives of disadvantaged children?
BBC Children in Need is the BBC’s UK Charity for children and young people. Its vision is that every child in the UK has a safe, happy and secure childhood and the chance to reach their potential.
We encourage applications from all parts of the community to join our Central committee.
Volunteer Committee Members
Committee Members advise the Trustees of BBC Children in Need on grant applications from organisations working to help disadvantaged children and young people in the UK. Around £8 millionwas distributed last year to projects making a difference to children’s lives in the Central region.
The knowledge, skills and experience required
BBC Children in Need is seeking to recruit individuals who are committed to improving outcomes for disadvantaged children and young people.
We expect committee members to bring:
- sound understanding of the issues facing children and young people experiencing disadvantage
- good understanding of the voluntary and statutory sectors
- ability to analyse complex written and financial information
- ability to assess the feasibility of projects and remain objective
- good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate with people of all types and all levels
- good level of IT literacy
- commitment to equality of opportunity
Our CentralRegion consists of the following: Birmingham, Solihull & the Black Country, Coventry & Warwickshire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Worcestershire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Rutland, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
- Committee members are appointed for 3 years in Central region.
- The time commitment is anticipated to be 6-8 days each year for meetings and training. In addition there is time spent reading applications before each meeting.
- As Committee meetings take place at BBC venues across the regions,some travel and overnight stays may be involved.
- You will need private access to a telephone, computer and high speed internet.
- We reimburse expenses e.g. travel, phone calls, overnight stays.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the specific requirements of this role as outlined above, by midnight Sunday 7th July via:
Job Advert: http://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Voluntary-Committee-Members/4497
Apply url: https://careershub.bbc.co.uk/members/?j=4497
For further information about these roles please contact Central Regional Office, Melinda Connelly, Regional Manager, on 0121 567 7120 or 07720 671423, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat about what the roles entail.
As we seek to maintain a balance of skills and experience across our Committee we will be actively seeking to select new Committee members who add value by bringing diversity to the current membership.
Interviews will be held as follows:
Central region 22nd & 23rd July
Successful candidates will be invited to attend the following Training sessions:
Central region 20th August